Stakeholders must submit their completed applications directly to the Ministry of Tourism via email address at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday 22nd May, 2017 at 3.00 p.m.
Stakeholders interested in categories (2) to (7) listed above, should submit their completed applications directly to the CTO online via the link: https://ctostawards.pgtb.me/kHKXF2. If you wish to enter more than one category, separate applications must be submitted addressing the specific criteria.
The CTO advises that the product/initiative should have been in operation for at least two (2) years.
- Excellence in Sustainable Tourism Award
Stakeholders who are interested in applying for the Excellence in Sustainable Tourism Award must ensure that the product/initiative contributes to a better quality of life in the destination and provides a unique visitor experience. There will be two nominations submitted for this award – one from Trinidad and one from Tobago. Each submission must cover five (5) key areas of tourism sustainability selected from amongst the following (A- I) areas:
- A. Environmental Management including but not limited to initiatives focusing on water (fresh and wastewater), energy conservation/renewable energy, solid waste management
- B. Terrestrial or Marine Area Planning and Management
- C. Destination Stewardship: sustainable tourism management in destinations
- D. Local Community Involvement highlighting any training, management mechanisms and benefits provided
- E. Heritage Protection: cultural, built and natural heritage (including flora and fauna)
- F. Education: staff training, communication, service excellence and public awareness
- G. Safety and security: visitors and staff
- H. Financial Sustainability
- I. Partnership: multi-stakeholder support to economic, environmental or social initiatives